Sunday, May 10, 2009

U of L 'only job' for Pitino





University of Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino said yesterday that he is not interested in any NBA job and will be back to coach the Cardinals for his ninth season. "The only job I am interested in is winning a championship at Louisville," he said. (5/10/09)

However, Pitino said that neither he nor any of his representatives had spoken with the Kings about their opening.

"To tell you the truth, when somebody first asked me about it a couple of days ago, I didn't even know they had a job opening," he said.

He added that he was unaware of where the rumors originated. "People say 'Rick's camp' or 'Rick's people,' " he said. "I don't have an agent. I have a friend, Rick Avare; we have a company together. Brent Rice out of Lexington did my Louisville contract. They knew nothing about it."

Pitino has stayed out of the public eye since last month, when he revealed an alleged extortion attempt against him. Karen Sypher, the estranged wife of the basketball team's equipment manager, has been charged with extortion and lying to the FBI. Pitino declined to discuss the case yesterday. For full story go to
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090510/SPORTS02/905100455/1028/U+of+L++only+job++for+Pitino
Story and Picture of Courier Journal.posted 5/10/09

My take on this story is if Pitino wanted to go I do believe he would be gone and any NBA team just got better with him. This story is slightly jaded cause of the wake of things happening around here of FBI investigation and His son leaving to Florida to be an assistant there. I do think it is best for us here that he stays. I personally like Pitino and his coaching ways. He just on the edge of winning a championship. To all in all Pitino is where he needs to be in Louisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment